About This Excursion
Your flight begins from our private airstrip on the eastern border of the Park. The 150-mile flight will cover an astonishing array of terrain, from the marshy and green lowlands, through the colorful mid-levels of the Cantwell Formation and the foothills of the Alaska Range, up to the stunning rock and ice of the alpine peaks as you near the Denali Massif. The unparalleled views on this flight offer you the chance to witness how the various natural forces in the Park came together to shape Denali. Highlights of this flight tour include the striking signature features of the 6 million acres that comprise Denali National Park, including:
• The vivid Polychrome and Cathedral Mountains
• The heart of the original Park boundaries
• Meandering braided rivers flowing through glacially carved valleys
• Velvety rolling tundra covered hills
• Spectacularly unique geological formations throughout the park
• Intimate views of the north side glaciers with their bright blue crevasses and contrasting gravel overlays
• The Muldrow glacier, the longest on the north side of the Alaska Range, which begins at over 17,000 feet
• Seemingly endless vistas of the rugged subarctic terrain
Weather permitting, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views of the northeast corner of Denali, which was the original access point for the first climbers to stand atop the summits. You may also see portions of the Wickersham Wall, the steepest vertical relief in the world. From this vantage point, you will enjoy views of Denali’s sharp ridgelines contrasting with the tumbling ice of the Muldrow Glacier. Prepare to see the majestic and rugged beauty of Denali from a perspective that is impossible to gain from the Park road.
All seats are window seats on a multi-engine aircraft. Individual headsets provide professional narration and pilot commentary.
Flight time: 45 minutes
Child Price: $199.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours
- 3 passenger minimum, 6 maximum per plane
- plane is a Piper Navaho twin engine (propeller)
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- 45 minute roundtrip flight time
- Guaranteed window seats
- Professional narration
- Pilot commentary
- Transportation included