About This Excursion
Imagine yourself suspended above the ground, gliding from one uniquely-themed platform to the next on a series of seven ziplines and 10 platforms through the scenic Alaskan rainforest. This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes a scenic drive through the Tongass National Forest.
You’ll be outfitted with top-of-the-line equipment and given a safety briefing. Your guide will be there every step of the way to assist you on this exciting adventure. Our tours never exceed a 1:6 guide-to-guest ratio, so you’ll receive plenty of attention along the way! As you walk up the scenic staircase, you’ll come to the first platform. Once you’re clipped into the double cable zipline, you’ll glide away from the forest floor and instantly transition from a bear’s eye view to a bird’s eye view.
During the tour, you’ll view the alpine forest and unique flora and fauna from a VERY unique perspective. You can also enjoy the views from our new aerial suspension bridge! With handrails, and being clipped in from above, you’ll safely traverse the bridge. Along your journey, you will cross many brooks and meandering streams. The area provides a scenery of old growth trees that are upwards of 400 years old. Get familiar with the sitka spruce and western hemlock trees. If you are fortunate, you may even view local wildlife.
On the final platform, you will land in our new, uniquely designed tree-house. After a guided, interpretive walk back to the lodge, you can purchase a locally brewed beer or fresh lemonade to sip while you watch the video presentation from your tour. You will have an opportunity to purchase additional snacks, beverages, t-shirts, and many other gifts. You may even want to purchase “proof” of your adventure–your own personal photos!
This adventure is a genuine eco-tour. We have built the course in the old growth forest over flowing streams where there is a natural clearing of trees to minimize the impact. Also, we are one of the only “green” tourism operators in Alaska. Our business operates completely on hydro-electric power.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the fascinating eco-systems of southeast Alaska through photographs and narrative. This tour is the perfect choice for a misty day because we provide rain gear, and you will have shelter throughout the rainforest canopy.
Following the zipline tour, you will have the opportunity to try your hand at Axe Throwing and embrace your inner lumberjack! Safety gear and instructions will be provided by their guides for a fun and exciting outdoor challenge.
Child Price: $129.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 3 Hours 45 Minutes
- Minimum age is 8 years old.
- Weight limitation: 70-250lbs.
- Minimum height: 36 inches (3 feet)
- Guests should be comfortable with heights and walking up about 50 stairs. This tour is not recommended for people who are pregnant, have seizures or recent neck, shoulder or back injuries/surgery.
- No hand-braking is required so you can sit back and enjoy the ride while your guides handle all the equipment to ensure you feel safe. Our expert guides are also there to add to your experience, adventure and fun!
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants are encouraged to wear layered clothing and long pants.
- Closed-toed/closed-heeled shoes are required; sandals or heels are not permitted.
- We recommend bringing a bottle of water with you
- Bring your camera! ( A smaller camera works best, but if you’re comfortable bringing your DSLR you may; however, they can be burdensome while zipping at times and if you drop your camera it will likely not survive.)
- Secure neck & wrist straps for your camera are recommended (if not compact enough to fit in the small zippered hand pocket of the provided rain jacket)
- Once you arrive at the zipline course, your guides will collect the group’s belongings and secure them at the lodge. Upon returning to the zipline lodge after your exciting tour, you will be able to quickly retrieve your personal items!
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Round-trip transportation (The Alpine Zipline Adventure is located at the Eagle Crest ski resort with a van transfer from downtown Juneau)
- Light snack & beverage
- Rain coat, gear, & safety equipment provided