About This Excursion
The Gold Creek Salmon Bake is an event that’s been grilled to perfection for nearly 40 years! Savor an all-you-can-eat adventure, in a unique outdoor environment you’ll find nowhere else.
Arrive at a beautiful setting, in lush rainforest alongside a creek, under heated, translucent domes that protect you from the elements, rain or shine. Savor the aroma of wild salmon, grilling slowly over fires of fragrant alder wood—the signature entrée of an all-you-can-eat Alaskan experience. And settle in for a feast for all your senses!
The sumptuous spread has something for everyone. Choose from grilled salmon, Cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, Alyeska au gratin potatoes and a robust selection of other sides, salads and beverages. Beer and wine are available for purchase. Vegetarian or gluten free? There’s plenty to tempt your palate! And, just when you think you’ve had enough—bring on the blueberry cake for dessert! Come back for seconds, or thirds, while a local entertainer sets a festive mood with Alaskan folk music.
After dinner, take a short stroll along a natural salmon-spawning creek to the entrance of the Wagner Mine at beautiful Salmon Creek Falls where you can pan for gold, see mining relics, and look for salmon. Have fun roasting marshmallows over a campfire and taking photos at our interactive, gold rush mural. Visit the trading post to purchase a souvenir gold pan or other memento.
The food, activities, and ambiance make Gold Creek Salmon Bake an Alaska experience that is much more than a meal. Shuttle buses run regularly, so your visit can last as long as you like. Don’t return until your tastes have been satisfied and you’re filled with great memories.
Child Price: $49.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Dress comfortably and bring your camera.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Round trip transportation from dock
- Musical entertainment and all you can eat buffet