About This Excursion
This is a truly personal and informative way to see some Juneau highlights, starting when you meet your local guide and take your seat aboard a spacious, modern minibus. Embark on a journey off the beaten path past the State Capitol Building, Russian Orthodox Church and Governor’s House. Navigating these charming streets, you will observe Alaskan life up close.
After that, you’ll check out the brand new, state-of-the-art Alaska State Museum! We have allotted an hour to immerse in the culture of our beautiful state inside this magnificent brand new facility.
Then it’s time to head to Douglas Island where you will have an opportunity to see downtown Juneau from a different perspective! Enjoy this unique photo-op and view of the Gastineau Channel.
Continuing on you will enjoy about a 20 minute stop at the Macaulay Hatchery – known to the locals as DIPAC – to get an up-close view of Juneau’s finest underwater treasures. Enjoy the fantastic aquarium and fish ladders in action!
Your final stop of the day will be the award-winning Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure where you will enjoy a ‘lower gardens’ tour and a unique opportunity to witness Alaskan botanical gardens featuring the one-of-a-kind Flower Towers all set within the mighty Tongass National Forest.
Each guest will be given a voucher for 3 Rockfish tacos – your choice of blackened or beer battered. Each taco is topped with red cabbage slaw, pico de gallo, and cilantro served on a 4 inch soft corn tortilla. Your choice of spicy, mild or avocado crema.
Location: Deckhand Dave’s – 356 South Franklin Street
Open Sunday-Friday 11am-8pm, Saturday 11am-4pm
(Maximum value $11.99, good only for Rockfish tacos. Valid only for date printed on voucher.)
This tour includes a complimentary photo-stop at Mendenhall Glacier scenic viewpoint*
*Glacier view is weather dependent
Child Price: $119.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Modern minibus city tour
- Sights include:
- Points of interest including State Capitol Building, Russian Orthodox Church, and Governor’s House
- Entry to Alaska State Museum (1 hour to explore)
- Travel to Douglas Island (views of the Gastineau Channel and Juneau)
- Macaulay Hatchery (20 minutes to tour facility)
- Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure (lower gardens tour included)
- Voucher for 3 Rockfish tacos from Deckhand Dave’s restaurant
- This tour includes a complimentary photo-stop at Mendenhall Glacier scenic viewpoint (view is weather dependent)