About This Excursion
Your trip begins with a scenic, narrated motorcoach ride to the beautiful Mendenhall Lake. Arriving at the lake, it’s time to gear up, board your raft and take off on an unforgettable adventure. Your experienced guide will steer you across the serene waters of the lake, where you can take in views of the majestic Mendenhall Glacier, before beginning your five-mile journey down the Mendenhall River. The speed of the water and level of the rapids vary depending on the weather, but your highly trained guide will ensure you have a safe, exhilarating experience.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride as your guide takes complete care of you in our custom-made rafts. Hang on during the short section of rapids and don’t forget to smile for the photographer along the bank so you will have a memento of your adventure.
Want to be more involved? Ask for a paddle raft, where you will follow your guide’s commands and power your raft through the 1 mile stretch of class three rapids. Whatever your activity level preference is, we can accommodate you.
As your guide explains the natural phenomena at work in this scenic valley, you’ll marvel at the spectacular views of the glacier and towering peaks as you float downstream. You’ll want to be on the lookout for wildlife the entire stretch of the river. Birds including arctic terns nest on the shoreline, and eagles, salmon and bears can all be seen.
At the end of your journey you’ll head to shore to enjoy an Alaskan snack, a warm beverage and have the opportunity to purchase a photo or souvenir of your rafting experience before re-boarding your motor coach for the short, relaxing ride back to your ship.
Child Price: $105.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- Suitable for all ages and no prior experience necessary, just good health and an adventurous spirit.
- Operates in all weather conditions.
- We recommend guests to wear warm comfortable layers and bring gloves and an extra pair of socks.
- Children must weigh at least 50 pounds in order to fit into required life jackets.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Youth ages 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Round trip transfer from the dock to Mendenhall Lake.
- Approximately 1.5 – 2 hours on the water.
- Narration on glacial features and local history.
- Snack and beverages consisting of reindeer sausage, cheese, crackers, salmon spread, water and hot apple cider.
- A souvenir “I Shot The Mendenhall” pin.
- Use of rain gear, life jacket, and boots.
- Souvenir photos, T-shirts, hats and sweatshirts are available for purchase.