About This Excursion
For many visitors to Alaska viewing the magnificent glaciers is a top priority. The opportunity to take in the Mendenhall Glacier from the air is marvelous, walking on “one of the most beautiful of all coastal glaciers” is even better. This incredible excursion allows you to experience the Mendenhall Glacier in a way that few others get to enjoy.
You will meet your excursion representative who will take you on a short transfer to the heli base. After checking in and a safety briefing you are ready to take off. Moments after departing Juneau, you’ll enjoy breathtaking vistas seen by few. Thriving rain forests, alpine ridges, and mountain peaks create a dramatic setting for the awe-inspiring Mendenhall Glacier. Your flight takes you over the glacier itself; the helicopter’s perspective giving you an eagle’s-eye view of ice spires, deep blue crevasses and meltwater pools. Descending towards our landing site, you’ll fly past the Mendenhall Towers — rock sentinels that soar to nearly 7,000 feet!
A gentle landing brings you to the ice itself, where you’ll explore the glacier’s surface for approximately 25 minutes with our highly experienced, expert guides. Bring plenty of film (or a large memory card for the digital crowd) and batteries – this is a wonderful opportunity to take once-in-a-lifetime photo. Binoculars are a good bet too, as you never know when you’ll have a chance to see some of Alaska’s famous wildlife!
Returning to Juneau, you will be treated to the unforgettable sight of Mendenhall Glacier stretching out towards the sea. Total helicopter flight time is approximately 30 minutes.
For passengers weighing over 250lbs (fully clothed), a $100 surcharge is required.
Child Rate: $319.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
- Please allow up to 45 minutes for transportation from dock departure to dock return and safety briefing.
- $100 Surcharge for guests weighing over 250lbs
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Tour includes approximately 30 minutes of flight time and approximately 20 – 25 minutes will be spent on National Forest System Lands (Mendenhall Glacier), for a total time of 55 minutes.
- Enjoy a walk on the glacier lead by an expert glacier guide
- Glacier boots are provided (NEOS overshoe brand glacier boots, ensuring a safe walk on the ice. Boots slip on over shoes.)