About This Excursion
Your pilot will give you an eagle’s eye view of high alpine lakes, “icefalls” hanging from sheer cliffs and some of the most remote peaks and glaciers in the Juneau Icefield — places like Wonderland, Glacier King, the Mendenhall Towers, and Devil’s Paw. The itinerary is flexible; your pilot is free to create the best possible tour under the current weather and glacier conditions. Total flight time is a full 50 minutes!
For an up-close opportunity to appreciate this ancient landscape, your pilot will land in two different locations, where you will continue the tour on foot! A total of 30 minutes exploration time between the two glaciers is included. During these two landings you will learn about the geological and environmental processes at work creating moraines, crevasses, seracs, and the glaciers themselves.
The “Pilot’s Choice” tour is an incomparable journey of discovery, a once-in-a-lifetime experience sure to provide enduring memories of Southeast Alaska’s beautiful wilderness.
For passengers weighing over 250lbs (fully clothed), a $100 surcharge is required.
Child Rate: $459.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
- Please allow up to 45 minutes for transportation from dock departure to dock return and safety briefing
- $100 Surcharge for guests weighing over 250lbs
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Tour includes approximately 50 minutes of flight time and two 15 minute landings on the glaciers.
- Enjoy a walk on the glacier lead by an expert glacier guide
- Glacier boots are provided (NEOS overshoe brand glacier boots, ensuring a safe walk on the ice. Boots slip on over shoes.)