About This Excursion
Experience Alaska’s premier attractions, glaciers and marine wildlife – by land and by sea. Start your tour by meeting your friendly and experienced guide at your cruise ship pier, and take the short ride to Auke Bay Harbor where you’ll meet your local captain and board a whale watching vessel specially designed for comfort and wildlife viewing.
Relax in the warm and spacious main cabin with large windows, as your captain guides you through the waters of Stephen’s Passage for the next 2.5-3 hours. You can enjoy the cabin or venture onto the outside decks for the unobstructed views. Small group sizes ensure that you will not be bumping elbows with your fellow passengers and thus allow for a more personal experience. Group sizes vary from a maximum of 12 to 18 passengers depending on the vessel being used that day. Fear not, washrooms are available onboard.
Stephen’s Passage is a favorite summer feeding ground for Humpback and Orca whales. We are so confident in our captain’s ability to locate and spot the whales that we offer our Whale Sighting Guarantee. Should you not spot a whale during your voyage we will refund you $100 per person. However, don’t anticipate any money back, as our captains always find the whales!
Once the whales have been sighted, your captain will gently maneuver the vessel to allow exceptional viewing and plenty of photographic opportunities of these majestic creatures. Against a backdrop of snowcapped peaks, your captain will explain the behavior and habitat of wildlife you may encounter, including sea lions, porpoises, harbor seals, bald eagles and black-tailed deer. This exceptional tour is available rain or shine and is an absolute favorite for many of our past passengers!
This tour includes a complimentary photo-stop at Mendenhall Glacier scenic viewpoint*
*Glacier view is weather dependent
Child Price: $119.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 3 Hours 45 Minutes
- Whale Sightings Guaranteed: In the highly unlikely event that you do not see any whales on this tour you will be refunded $100 per adult and $50 per child.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Whale watching cruise with onboard naturalist (2.5 to 3 hours on the water)
- Light snack and beverages
- Roundtrip transportation
- This tour includes a complimentary photo-stop at Mendenhall Glacier scenic viewpoint (view is weather dependent)