About This Excursion
Your excursion begins as you board your motorcoach for a scenic, narrated drive to the rich rainforest at Herring Cove.
This eco-adventure combines a flight over eight ziplines and 5,600 feet of dual cables providing an aerial view of Bear Creek and a forest waterfall.
Upon arriving, you’ll board a 4×4 all-terrain vehicle for a short drive to Canopy Chalet. Here, you’ll receive a detailed safety briefing and gear up with state-of-the-art safety equipment. A short uphill hike takes you to a practice zipline and start of the course.
You’ll witness panoramic ocean, forest and mountain vistas from the platforms in this lush rainforest preserve. Each successive zip ride provides a unique perspective and a new challenge. At one point, you’ll be challenged as you descend a ladder from one platform to the next within a Western Hemlock. At the end of the course, rappel to the ground from the last tree platform.
Back at the base camp, you’ll be presented with a custom cast medal in recognition of your achievement. A complimentary snack and hot beverage, and shopping at the General Store cap off this exhilarating day. You can also take the opportunity to visit the Alaska Raptor Center’s exhibit at your leisure.
Your excursion concludes with a scenic drive back to the pier.
Child Price: $129.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- Tour runs from June 1st to August 30th
- Weight requirement: 70-250lbs.
- Height requirement: at least 50 inches tall.
- Minors must be accompanied an adult.
- Must be in good general health with no recent history of surgeries.
- Full use of limbs required.
- Pregnant women, guests with injuries/seizure disorders or vision/hearing impairments should seek medical advice and release prior to participating.
- Closed toed shoes required. Long pants and layered clothing recommended.
- Course gear and rain jacket are provided.
- Liability waiver is required to be signed in the presence of the tour operator.
- Unaccompanied Minor Policy: Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- Eight zip lines
- Ropes course
- Climbing tower and wall
- Snack consisting of smoked salmon dip, crackers, coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- Souvenir medal
- Safety equipment and instructions