About This Excursion
Fill your senses with adventure and excitement as you take control of a 4-wheel drive Jeep Wrangler® and wind your way through the rugged back roads of Revillagigedo Island. Then grab a paddle and join your companions for an authentic Alaskan canoe experience.
For the Jeep® portion of this safari adventure, you’ll be paired with up to 4 traveling companions (there will be plenty of opportunities to change drivers for those who want to get behind the wheel!). While you traverse the mountain roads of the Tongass National Forest, your guide will provide you with interesting and informative commentary by means of two-way radio. You’ll be fascinated by the area’s natural history as you pass through old growth and new growth forests. Stop for fantastic views and excellent photo opportunities along the way.
The Jeep® portion of your tour concludes with your arrival at Lake Harriet Hunt. Here, you’ll experience a unique ecosystem from the vantage point of a 37-foot, 20 passenger, Alaska Native style canoe; these traditional Alaskan canoes are fast, stable, and easy to maneuver. Once on the other side of the lake, your expert safari guide will lead you to a camp on shore where an Alaskan snack awaits. From the camp, your guide will interpret the features of a temperate rainforest on an optional nature walk through old-growth forest. Your excursion concludes with a scenic motorcoach drive back to the pier.
Don’t forget to bring your camera and a driver’s license!
Child Price: $129.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 4 Hours
- Bring your camera and a drivers license.
- Drivers must be at least 25 years old, are required to show a current driver’s license, and must sign a liability/insurance waiver.
- Dress comfortably in warm clothing. Tour will operate in all weather conditions.
- Moderate to good physical condition is necessary for participation in this excursion.
- Children must weigh at least 40 pounds in order to fit into required life jackets while canoeing.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 are not permitted on this tour.
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian.
- Operator will provide a booster seat for children between ages 5 through 8 upon request and subject to availability.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Souvenir button, quality raingear, canoeing equipment (life jackets, paddles)
- Jeep Wrangler® shared with up to three others.
- Snack and beverages consisting of clam chowder, rolls, jam, smoked salmon, crackers, mints, juice, hot chocolate, coffee and water.
- Souvenir T-shirts available for purchase.