About This Excursion
Hundreds of thousands of cruise ship passengers visit Ketchikan each year. If you are planning to be one of them, you’ll want to try fishing in the Salmon Capital of the World: Ketchikan.
Specializing in providing fishing excursions, we’ll take you on a one-of-a-kind expedition. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
We fish calm waters which hold a variety of salmon species including King, Coho, Pink, and Sockeye. The downrigger system on board allows for a better chance of catching good-sized salmon whether you’re a novice or experienced fisherman.
For a premium you can even have your catch processed and shipped to enjoy back home!
IMPORTANT NOTE ON KING SALMON RESTRICTIONS: April 1 to June 14, king salmon retention is prohibited, king salmon may not be retained or possessed; any king salmon caught must be released immediately and returned to the water unharmed. Catch and release only. (For the latest updates please refer to the website for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game)
Child Price: $209.00 (15 Years & Younger. Passengers under the age of 16 will not require a $25 fishing licence.)
Duration: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
- No minimum number of guests to book this tour!
- A $25.00 Fishing Licence is mandatory and available for purchase through your captain. CASH ONLY. Children under the age of 16 will not require a licence.
- A $15.00 King Salmon Stamp is also mandatory from May 1st – June 30th (but can also be purchased after June 30th if required)
- Your captain can arrange for fish caught to be professionally processed locally (packaged, flash frozen, smoked, etc.), and later shipped to your home for an additional charge.
- We work with local processors to have your catch professionally processed and shipped to your door. We will assist with your paperwork and ensure that your fish is safely delivered.
- We recommend dressing in layers and suggest a T-shirt, sweatshirt, and a light jacket as well as long pants and comfortable, soft soled shoes – tennis shoes are fine.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- An incredible day out on the water fishing for salmon
- All top quality fishing bait, tackle and lures
- Services of an experienced captain
- All instruction necessary to catch fish
- Snacks & beverages
- Option to have your catch frozen and shipped home