This course is located in the rich rainforest at beautiful Herring Cove accessed by road just south of Ketchikan and located in the middle of the 17.5 million acre Tongass National Forest. The course begins with an exciting 4×4 ride up the mountain, then takes you over almost 6,000 feet of steel cable and three skybridges. Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Rainforest Zip, Skybridge & Rappel Adventure
About This Excursion
Imagine the thrill of gliding through the top of a rich rainforest canopy along a series of eight dual cable zip lines and navigating three aerial bridges suspended between tall spruce, hemlock and cedar trees, bordering the magnificent Tongass National Forest. This major rainforest reserve embraces one of Alaska’s richest salmon spawning streams and a pristine inter-tidal estuary. Abundant wildlife habitat includes a high concentration of bald eagles, black bear, and a variety of other species.
At Herring Cove your all-terrain custom 4×4 Unimog will transport you up a steep rainforest hillside to the canopy chalet. Here your professionally trained guides outfit you with state of the art safety equipment and provide a detailed orientation prior to zipping from the first platform.
Size really does matter! Your rainforest canopy challenge features a flight over eight ziplines and three suspension bridges; 6,000 feet of high tension cables and ground-based nature trails. Your guides will progressively ease you into the forest canopy along cables ranging from a short 100 feet to the 850 foot pulse pounding “Ben’s Revenge”. Guests often see eagles and bears from the tree platforms. Discover Eagle Creek Falls, and cross three hanging sky bridges; all offering breathtaking views of the virgin forest below. You will be up to 135 feet above the forest floor. Throughout this award-winning adventure you will be surrounded by the sights and sounds of the rainforest wildlife reserve. Although wildlife sightings are frequent, they cannot be guaranteed. The Eagle Creek course is for those who have already experienced ziplining or are seeking new challenges.
Upon completion of this once in a lifetime experience, enjoy a complimentary snack and hot beverage, view your photograph and shop in the General Store. A narration is provided on the scenic 16 mile round-trip coastal drive to the reserve.
Child Rate: $149.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- Weight limitation: 90-250lbs. Height requirement: 60 inches.
- Minors must be accompanied an adult. Full use of limbs required.
- Pregnant women, guests with injuries/seizure disorders not allowed.
- Waiver required. Closed toed shoes required.
- Long pants and layered clothing recommended. Rain gear provided.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- The Ultimate Eco-Adventure!
- Wildlife Search from the Treetops!
- Experienced Guides and State-of-the-Art Equipment!
- Hillside Ascent Aboard All-Terrain Vehicle!