About This Excursion
The Misty Fjords National Monument has been carved to impressive perfection by millions of years of glacial activity. On this popular flightseeing tour it will take you only the blink of an eye to appreciate nature’s handiwork.
The Misty Fjords National Monument is a 2.3-million acre marvel of pristine wilderness that must be viewed by floatplane; it is the only way to truly take in its majesty of soaring cliffs, saw-tooth ridges blanketed in trademark mists, sky blue lakes, endless waterfalls, icy saltwater fjords and miles of glacier-carved gorges.
While you take in the enormity of the Misty Fjords from above, your pilot will be busy checking for wildlife below – a closer look at creatures big and small, from burly brown bears to agile mountain goats and from harbor seals to humpback whales. Both grizzlies and black bears gorge themselves on spawning salmon in the many streams and rivers in the Misty Fjords National Monument. The Spectacular Misty Fjords Tour is a must-see flightseeing experience that will provide a lifetime of memories.
Child Rate: $219.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours
- All passenger weights are required.
- $100 Surcharge for guests weighing over 250lbs
- There is a 6 passenger max per plane.
- Children under age of 2 fly free and are considered a lap child
- Personal baggage/backpacks are not allowed on flight as room on aircraft is very limited.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers should discuss with their doctor prior to taking this tour.
- Aircraft offer two-way voice communications (headsets) so that guests are able to communicate with the pilot, however the pilot’s #1 concern is your safety. When your pilot is ready to communicate he or she will let you know.
- Bring a charged camera with lots of memory and make sure your video equipment is charged to ensure you get all those wonderful pictures to remember your trip.
- The flight duration is approximately 70 minutes, plus 20 minutes at the lake. The total time of 2 hours includes your check-in time and the tour duration.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Flight to Misty Fjords National Monument in a floatplane
- Floatplane water landing
- Incredible views!
- Two-way headsets between you and your professional pilot
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier