About This Excursion
The “Surf and Turf” adventure combines two of Alaska’s greatest resources – fish and black bears – and treats you to an above-the-clouds and on-the-trail experience.
Margaret Creek Fish Ladder has the busiest aquatic thoroughfare around during the summer months, as countless steelhead, coho, sockeye and pink salmon thunder upstream over the steps of this legendary fish ladder. And, where there are fish, there are black bears, so your chances of a real surf-and-turf adventure are very likely from the comfort of an outstanding observation platform!
Your tour is fully escorted by a knowledgeable, informative, friendly guide who knows the area, the plant life, the history, and the teeming wildlife. Join us for a flightseeing adventure that features everything you’ve heard of Alaska. Includes one-mile drive by van and short boardwalk trail.
Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- Tour is available from mid July to mid September (depending on salmon)
- This excursion requires a minimum number of 3 passengers (if your party is less than 3 you may be placed on a wait list by request)
- All passenger weights are required.
- $100 Surcharge for guests weighing over 260 lbs (additional half seat allocated). For guests over 300 lbs they will have to purchase an additional seat.
- There is a 6 passenger max per plane.
- 1 small backpack per couple, and no more than 3 backpacks for a family of 6, are allowed as room on aircraft is very limited.
- No food, candy, perfume or anything that may put off a scent is allowed.
- Please wear layered clothing comfortable walking or hiking shoes.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers should discuss with their doctor prior to taking this tour.
- Aircraft offer two-way voice communications (headsets) so that guests are able to communicate with the pilot, however the pilot’s #1 concern is your safety. When your pilot is ready to communicate he or she will let you know.
- Bring a charged camera with lots of memory and make sure your video equipment is charged to ensure you get all those wonderful pictures to remember your trip.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- 40-minute seaplane ride
- Pilot narration
- Guided van tour and eco hike
- 2 hours of bear viewing
- Amazing photo and wildlife viewing opportunities!