About This Excursion
This tour is the ultimate way to see the best of what Sitka has to offer by both land and sea. The excursion includes a 2-hour cruise aboard a Glacier Bay catamaran. This 26-foot-long (8-meter) vessel sails smoothly and comfortably in almost all weather conditions. Sit back and enjoy the incredible views from either the spacious outdoor deck or inside a heated cabin equipped with large windows.
Your experienced captain will expertly navigate Sitka’s narrow passages and bays. He will customize the tour to your interests and visit the best areas for watching gray and humpback whales. Often seen are otters swimming on their backs, whales feeding, or even bears walking along the coast.
On your journey you will also experience a 2-hour sightseeing tour of Sitka in a comfortable 14-passenger van. You will take in the views of Sitka as you cross over the O’Connell Bridge and visit Japonski Island, a World War II historic site. Observe Tlingit and Haida totem poles inside Sitka National Historical Park, and take a short walk along the banks of the Indian River. During salmon season you can watch the fish spawn as you learn about their incredible life cycle.
You will enter Fortress of the Bear, the largest bear reserve in North America. The habitat takes in orphaned bear cubs to live in a naturalized setting. Here you will get to watch brown bears at play, from a safe distance of 25 feet (8 meters) away, and meet the caretakers who look after them each day.
Child Price: $209.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 4 Hours
- Tour has a maximum of 10 guests (6 per boat and 10 per van)
- Suggested weight limitation for passengers on this tour is 250 lbs for comfort while riding in the van, however guests may be accommodated on a case by case basis (please contact us for more information)
- Wheelchairs and walkers cannot be accommodated on this tour
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- 2-hour Glacier Bay catamaran boat cruise.
- Experienced boat captain
- Marine wildlife viewing
- Admission to Fortress of the Bear, Alaska’s Only Bear Rehabilitation Center
- Totem Park behind-the-scenes wildlife and nature walk
- Japonski Island, WWII Military base and air/sea landing strip
- View Sitka’s most famous landmarks including the Pioneer Home, Russian Block House, St. Michael’s Cathedral, Sheldon Jackson Museum, Sitka Sound Science Center, Russian Bishop’s House, Eagle Bay, and Silver Bay.
- Small group of 6 people or less in a clean, comfortable van.
- Friendly, knowledgeable REAL ALASKAN tour guide using a microphone so every one can hear.