About This Excursion
Escape into the heart of history! Travel 67.5 miles by train between Skagway, Alaska, and Carcross, Yukon Territory, Canada, traveling the same route that the Klondike stampeders traversed in 1898! Couple that with a minicoach transfer along the scenic Klondike Highway to/from Skagway for the perfect combination of your Canadian & Alaskan holiday adventures.
You will stop at our restored 1910 Bennett Station House for a tour through its newly converted museum! The Bennett Station House has long been an important stop in the railroad’s operations and tourism program; trains traveling north and south meet here, and exchange crews before continuing on their journey. Bennett, British Columbia, Canada, is accessible only via the White Pass train or by hiking the world famous Chilkoot Trail, so it’s a very exclusive and completely unique experience. Here you’ll have around 45 minutes to explore on your own.
Along the rail route, enjoy a packed lunch as you take in the scenery between Bennett and Carcross. At the foot of Lake Bennett is Carcross, historically known as “Caribou Crossing.” The Carcross Station, situated on the edge of the lake, was built in 1910 and is a designated Heritage Railway Station.
Once at Carcross, passengers are transferred to a comfortable tour vehicle for a visit to Emerald Lake, the most photographed lake in the Yukon Territory.
Upon our return to Skagway you will be entertained by professional guides with their amusing stories of local lore and captivating tales of the Gold Rush Era.
With stops all along the way there will be ample opportunities for photo enthusiasts to view and capture the unparalleled beauty of cascading waterfalls, roaring rivers, majestic mountains, glaciers, historic sites and panoramic vistas.
Select from a departure option that works best for you:
- (Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun) 7:30 AM tour: train journey first with bus journey return.
- (Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun) 9:30 AM tour: bus journey first with train journey return.
- No tours on Mondays
Child Price: $159.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 8 Hours
- GUESTS OF ALL NATIONALITIES MUST BRING PASSPORTS AND OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. PHOTO COPIES ARE NOT PERMITTED. PHOTO ID AND BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE UNLESS GUEST IS A U.S. OR CANADIAN RESIDENT THAT IS AGE 15 OR YOUNGER.
- If traveling with minor children and the other parent is not traveling with you, or if you are not the parent or legal guardian, you must bring a “letter of consent” or other supporting documentation to provide authorization for you to take the child(ren) on the tour into Canada.
- Tour operates from May 21 to September 14.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- 120 Miles Roundtrip
- Packed lunch: A hearty turkey sandwich boxed lunch with chips, side and dessert is provided along the train portion of your journey between Bennett and Carcross. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available upon request.
- Complimentary Bottled Water