About This Excursion
Leave all traces of civilization behind and experience the infinite beauty of Alaska’s remote glaciers. Lift off from the historic Skagway waterfront and head into a rugged region of sheer mountains, majestic valleys and massive glaciers. Once you land on the glacier, you will be given the rare opportunity to explore one of Mother Nature’s greatest marvels on foot. Enjoy a walking tour of a lifetime as our experienced glacier guides answer all your questions and work to explain the awesome forces at work. Jagged peaks towering over the Chilkat Glacier, cascading waterfalls, surrounding the Ferebee Glacier, or the spectacular “river of ice” known as the Meade Glacier, may be among the wonders you encounter. Flight routes and landing zones are selected daily to ensure that you receive the best that the area has to offer.
Tour includes approximately 40 minutes in the aircraft and 40 minutes on the glacier. Times will vary due to weather and glacier conditions. Space is limited.
For passengers weighing 250lbs (fully clothed) or more, a $100 surcharge is required.
Child Price: $329.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours
- Tour runs May 1st to September 30th
- Any passengers weighing 250lbs or more (fully clothed) will be required to purchase extra space for an additional $100.
- Due to aircraft weight limitations and to insure passenger safety and comfort, all passengers will be required to report accurate weights prior to day of flight.
- Please come prepared. Dress warmly and in layers. You’ll need a good jacket, hat, gloves and sunglasses.
- Transport from your ship to the heliport is NOT included, passengers will be required to make their own way to the heliport. Return transportation to the ship is included.
- Company policies prohibit guests from taking the following items on the aircraft/tour: bags or cases of any kind, iPads or tablets, tripods, selfie sticks or other extendible items, drones, water bottles or liquids. Lockers will be provided to guests at the base where you may leave such items. No smoking of any kind is allowed for the duration of the tour – including the use of vape pens.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible, and no canes of walkers are allowed on tour. Guests must be able to walk to and from the helicopter unassisted, a distance of about 50 feet. In addition, guests must be able to load into the aircraft with little to no assistance. To do so guests must be able to climb two 18-inch steps into the helicopter. The glacier can be very slippery and uneven.
- If this tour is cancelled 15 days or more prior to departure a 10% cancellation fee will apply. Tours cancelled within 14 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Total Flight Time: Approximately 40 Minutes
- Time on Glacier with Glacier Guide: 40 Minutes
- Trek on a remote glacier with your experience Glacier Guide.
- Land on the Chilkat Glacier, Ferebee Glacier or Meade Glacier.
- View unique glaciers in their natural state.
- Glacier boots are provided (NEOS overshoe brand glacier boots, ensuring a safe walk on the ice. Boots slip on over shoes.)
- Transportation back to your cruise ship is included.