About This Excursion
Leave all traces of civilization behind and experience the infinite beauty of Alaska’s remote glaciers. Lift off from the historic Skagway waterfront and head into a rugged region of sheer mountains, majestic valleys and massive glaciers. Jagged peaks towering over the Chilkat Glacier, cascading waterfalls, surrounding the Ferebee Glacier, or the spectacular “river of ice” known as the Meade Glacier, may be among the wonders you encounter. Flight routes and landing zones are selected daily to ensure that you receive the best that the area has to offer.
Once you have reached your destination, you will be given the rare opportunity to explore one of Mother Nature’s greatest marvels. Enjoy a walking tour of a lifetime as our experienced glacier guides answer all of your questions and work to explain the awesome forces at work.
Tour includes approximately 40 minutes in the aircraft and 40 minutes on the glacier. Times will vary due to weather and glacier conditions. Space is limited.
For passengers weighing over 250lbs (fully clothed), a $100 surcharge is required.
Child Price: $329.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours
- Tour runs May 1st to September 26th
- Any passengers weighing 250lbs or more (fully clothed) will be required to purchase extra space for an additional $100.
- Due to aircraft weight limitations and to insure passenger safety and comfort, all passengers will be required to report accurate weights prior to day of flight.
- Please come prepared. Dress warmly and in layers. You’ll need a good jacket, hat, gloves and sunglasses.
- Transport from your ship to the heliport is NOT included, passengers will be required to make their own way to the heliport. Return transportation to the ship is included.
- If this tour is cancelled 15 days or more prior to departure a 10% cancellation fee will apply. Tours cancelled within 14 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Total Flight Time: Approximately 40 Minutes
- Time on Glacier with Glacier Guide: 40 Minutes
- Trek on a remote glacier with your experience Glacier Guide.
- Land on the Chilkat Glacier, Ferebee Glacier or Meade Glacier.
- View unique glaciers in their natural state.
- Glacier boots are provided (NEOS overshoe brand glacier boots, ensuring a safe walk on the ice. Boots slip on over shoes.)
- Transportation back to your cruise ship is included.