About This Excursion
At the foot of the White Pass, nestled beside a waterfall, discover Liarsville Gold Rush Trail Camp and Salmon Bake, so named for the journalists dispatched to Alaska during the Klondike Gold Rush who fabricated tall-tales from this very location. Your Liarsville experience begins with an all-you-can-eat alfresco feast in the forest that includes WILD Alaskan-caught salmon freshly grilled over an alder wood fire, Chilkoot Chicken, Panners Pasta, Liarsville Rice Medley, Prospector Pete’s Reindeer Beans, Sluice Box Slaw and other fresh salads, cornbread, coffee, lemonade, and blueberry cake for dessert. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
After your meal, mosey on over to our gold rush era trail camp. Here, you’ll enjoy the waterfall and the authentic exhibits of Liarsville.. In the Hippodrome a cast of sourdoughs and dance hall girls will entertain you with a hilarious melodrama and a poem by the “Bard of the North,” Robert Service. You’ll be taught the art of gold panning, then be set free in the Liarsville gold fields, where you are guaranteed to find that precious metal that drove men and women wild with gold fever! You are guaranteed to find gold in every pan!
Once you’ve made your fortune, take time to wander through the camp, browse for souvenirs in the Fancy Goods Gift Shop, visit the bordello and laundry tents to view the antiques and vintage clothing left behind by the miners and ladies of the evening. Help yourself to complimentary cookies and apple cider and have your picture taken with one of the dance hall girls.
Child Price: $55.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours
- Dress comfortably and bring your camera.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Round trip transfer from the dock.
- All you can eat fire grilled salmon and accompanying menu items.
- Access to Liarsville historic exhibits, live melodrama and entertainment, gold panning and all the gold you discover.