About This Excursion
This activity is another example of how the actual raft trip is just one part of a terrific introduction to Alaskan wilderness and history. The location of your entry into the Taiya River allows you to enjoy a beautiful ride along the coast to Dyea valley. It’s an old gold rush settlement steeped in history. Your narrated ride will be interesting AND scenic, and you might spot some eagles and seals, as well as other critters, while you listen and observe. A light riverside snack is enjoyed at the end of float.
The float trip begins after you suit up in a life jacket, rubber boots, and rain poncho (if necessary). The trip is comfortable and requires no experience or skill. Your discussion while floating down the lazy river will focus on the natural beauty surrounding you. The time on the river is approximately 45 minutes. As your group will be small, you’ll be able to hear, as well as see, Alaska’s beauty.
NOTE: Current blackout (sold out) dates for this season are May 18, June 16, June 30, July 4 (9:45AM departure only), July 6, July 7, July 20, July 28, August 10, August 11, August 17th, August 18.
Child Price: $69.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
- Tour runs from April 29 – September 20
- This tour operates in all weather types.
- Guests under 18 require a signature of consent of a parent or legal guardian
- Maximum 11 guests per group/raft. If you have a larger group you will be divided into separate groups.
- We suggest that you dress in layers as the weather has a tendency to change.
- Pick up from cruise ship pier
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Narrated and scenic ride to Dyea Valley
- Services of an experienced guide
- 30-45 minute float trip
- Potential wildlife viewing and great scenic photo opportunities!