About This Excursion
Skagway’s most unforgettable tour begins along the boardwalk lined streets of our historic community. Our experienced and entertaining guides will amuse you with captivating stories of the “Klondike Gold Rush” on your way to the White Pass Summit.
As you journey up the scenic Klondike Highway you will parallel to the historic White Pass Trail much of the way to the 3,292 foot summit. Along this glacier carved valley are glaciers, thundering waterfalls, majestic mountain vistas and pristine wilderness. Once at the summit, you will descend into the daunting Tormented Valley in British Columbia, Canada. It is this area which inspired the classic authors Robert Service and Jack London. The Tormented Valley is an eco-tone; here two separate ecosystems transform to become the other. After visiting this area of 300 – 400 year old trees known as “Krummholz,” many of which are no taller than chest-high, you will return to Skagway.
During your tour various photo stops will be made to help you maximize your Alaskan experience.
Child Price: $45.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- GUESTS OF ALL NATIONALITIES MUST BRING PASSPORTS AND OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR ALL TOURS WITH OUR COMPANY. PHOTO COPIES ARE NOT PERMITTED. PHOTO ID AND BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE UNLESS GUEST IS A U.S. OR CANADIAN RESIDENT THAT IS AGE 15 OR YOUNGER.
- Tour runs from May 14 – September 18
- If traveling with minor children and the other parent is not traveling with you, or if you are not the parent or legal guardian, you must bring a “letter of consent” or other supporting documentation to provide authorization for you to take the child(ren) on the tour into Canada.
- For children under 2, if the child rides on the lap of the parent and does not take up a seat the child rides free.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Skagway City Tour
- Skagway Scenic Overlook
- White Pass Trail of ’98
- Parallel the train to the White Pass Summit & Beyond
- Brackett Wagon Road
- Pitchfork Falls
- William Moore Bridge & Overlook
- Tormented Valley
- “Welcome to Alaska” Sign
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Roaring Rivers, Glaciers & Waterfalls