About This Excursion
This White Pass journey is much more than what you’ll get from tours offered through the cruise line! Enjoy one direction by rail, and the other by bus (allowing scenic stops along the way and a variation of routes and scenery). Cruise line tours typically offer a train only tour with the same route repeated in both directions. Read more about what makes our tour special in the description below…
ALL ABOARD! Skagway’s most scenic ALASKAN experience begins with a 28-mile journey between Skagway, Alaska, and Fraser, British Columbia, aboard the Scenic Railway of the World. The White Pass Railway, which was completed in 1900, has a narrow gauge track that takes visitors into the White Pass. Experience the breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, and trestles while listening to historic narration from the comfort of vintage passenger coaches. Climbing up the mountainside, you’ll see the extreme changes in vegetation as you pass through several temperate zones before reaching Fraser.
Once a water-stop for the thirsty steam engines and rotary snowplows, Fraser, BC, is now the site of Canadian Customs and Immigration. Upon arrival at the train depot in Fraser, you’ll be transferred to a comfortable tour vehicle for your return trip to Skagway while being entertained by professional guides with their amusing stories of local lore and captivating tales of the Gold Rush Era. As you drive down the mountainside, you’ll have ample opportunities to take fabulous photos at scenic vistas such as Skagway Scenic Overlook, Pitchfork Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and more.
Built in 1898 during the Klondike Gold Rush, the Scenic Railway of the World was designated as an International Historic Civil Engineering Landmark (along with the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty). The 3-foot wide Narrow Gauge Railroad climbs almost 3,000 feet in the first 20 miles with an average grade of 2.6%, and up to 3.9% in some locations. It also passes through two tunnels and travels over sky high trestles and bridges. Each heated passenger coach has large viewing windows and a restroom.
Child Price: $109.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- GUESTS OF ALL NATIONALITIES MUST BRING PASSPORTS AND OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. PHOTO COPIES ARE NOT PERMITTED. PHOTO ID AND BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE UNLESS GUEST IS A U.S. OR CANADIAN RESIDENT THAT IS AGE 15 OR YOUNGER.
- If traveling with minor children and the other parent is not traveling with you, or if you are not the parent or legal guardian, you must bring a “letter of consent” or other supporting documentation to provide authorization for you to take the child(ren) on the tour into Canada.
- 7:30 AM & 12:00 PM Departures – Train up first, return on tour bus.
- 8:30 AM & 1:00 PM Departures – Bus up first, return on train.
- No afternoon departures on Sundays.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- 28-mile journey to Fraser, British Columbia, aboard the Scenic Railway of the World.
- Return bus ride to Skagway.
- Narration by professional guide
- Lots of photo opportunities