About This Excursion
ALL ABOARD! Skagway’s most scenic ALASKAN experience begins with a 28 mile journey between Skagway, Alaska, and Fraser, British Columbia, aboard the Scenic Railway of the World. Experience the breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, trestles, and historic sites from the comfort of our vintage passenger coaches. See the original Klondike Trail of ’98 worn into the rocks, a permanent tribute to the thousands of souls who passed this way in search of fortune.
Once a water-stop for the thirsty steam engines and rotary snowplows, Fraser, BC, is now the site of Canadian Customs and Immigration. Upon arrival at the train depot at Fraser, passengers are transferred to a comfortable tour vehicle as they continue their journey into the unparalleled beauty of the Yukon Territory. Travel to Emerald Lake, Caribou Crossing, and Carcross.
While at Caribou Crossing Trading Post, a piping hot BBQ chicken lunch with coleslaw, baked potato and all-you-can-eat cake donuts awaits you as well as “FREE ADMISSION” to the Yukon Wildlife Museum. Visit an authentic dog musher camp and enjoy “FREE ADMISSION” to pet the husky puppies!
During your return to Skagway you will be entertained by professional guides with their amusing stories of local lore and captivating tales of the Gold Rush Era.
With stops all along the way there will be ample opportunities for photo enthusiasts to view and capture the picturesque beauty of cascading waterfalls, roaring rivers, majestic mountains, glaciers, historic sites and panoramic vistas.
Child Price: $139.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Duration: 7 Hours 45 Minutes
- GUESTS OF ALL NATIONALITIES MUST BRING PASSPORTS AND OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. PHOTO COPIES ARE NOT PERMITTED. PHOTO ID AND BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE UNLESS GUEST IS A U.S. OR CANADIAN RESIDENT THAT IS AGE 15 OR YOUNGER.
- Tour runs from May 2 – September 26
- If traveling with minor children and the other parent is not traveling with you, or if you are not the parent or legal guardian, you must bring a “letter of consent” or other supporting documentation to provide authorization for you to take the child(ren) on the tour into Canada.
- 7:30am Departure – Train up first, return on tour bus.
- 9:15am Departure – Bus up first, return on train.
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Lunch included:
- BBQ chicken OR Dahl Vegetarian Soup (lentils, tomatoes and spices)
- Baked potato
- All-you-can-eat cake donuts
- Coffee, tea, water
- Admission to Yukon Wildlife Museum
- Visit to an authentic dog mushing camp