About This Excursion
FOR SHIPS ARRIVING IN THE EVENING*
(*Available to ships that arrive in the evening at 6:00 PM or earlier and depart later than 11:30 PM)
Butchart Gardens – one of Victoria’s most famous and popular attractions! Begun in 1904 as an effort to restore a worked-out quarry site, the Butchart Gardens has since been delighting visitors from all around the world. As you make your way around the gardens, you’ll walk through intimate stone paths and streams lined with colorful arrays of flowers and trees. The gardens adjusts their floral displays to suit the season so it is just as spectacular in Spring and Fall as it is in Summer.
The Butchart Gardens has been designed to please the eye and generally delight the senses. It could be the pale green of emerging leaves in spring, complemented by brilliant pink or white flowers of trees; the dazzling bedding plants framed in by sweeping lawns, with the treat to the nose of a waft of a thousand scents of summer. Approximately 45 minutes from downtown, The Butchart Gardens features over 55 acres of meticulously manicured grounds.
Experience a memorable evening of spectacular displays as hundreds of hidden lights transform this famous landscape into a Fairyland. The Ross Fountain dances with creative lighting effects and on Saturdays, in July and August, enjoy a spectacular array of fireworks choreographed to music.
The Butchart Gardens at night are simply spectacular.
We recommend comfortable clothing and sensible rubber-soled walking shoes. Sunglasses and sunscreen are also suggested.
Guests need to be able to walk over the many levels of the gardens, on paved and gravel surfaces. There are numerous inclines and steps required to access the many different levels. Fold up wheelchairs can be accommodated on the motor coach with advanced notice. Motorized scooters cannot be accommodated on the transportation to the gardens.
Child Price: $39.00 (12 Years & Younger)
Youth Price: $59.00 (Age 13 – 17)
Duration: 4 Hours
- Tour begins at Fairmont Empress Hotel downtown Victoria and is only available to guests on cruise ships arriving 6:00 PM or earlier
- Tour runs from June 15th to September 2nd
- A full refund is available if bookings are cancelled 15 days or more before the start of the transfer or tour. There is no refund if bookings are cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the transfer or tour.
- Admission into the gardens is included in the price.
- Transportation to and from the gardens (Roundtrip from Fairmont Empress Hotel).
- Not included: Shuttle bus departing from the Cruise Terminal to downtown Fairmont Empress Hotel.
- The shuttle tickets are sold separately at the following 2019 rates:
Pass for the day: $15.00 USD (can be used as many times as needed)
Oneway pass: $10.00 USD (valid for a one-way pass, either direction)